Firesnake Design is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
If you want to view and/or delete your personal data, please visit our Privacy Tools page.
1.1 At FIRESNAKE we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We work hard to keep your information safe and we want our use of your data to be secure. We follow strict procedures on how personal information is stored and used, and we also limit who sees it to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it.
2. Identity and Contact Details
2.1 We have a legal duty to protect personal information that we collect under the Data Protection Act 1998, (the “DPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, (the “GDPR”).
2.2 For the purposes of the DPA and GDPR, we are the ‘data controller’ and are located at 41 Brantwood Rise, Banbury, OX16 9NH, UK.
3. Personal Information We Collect from You
3.1 We may collect and use various types of personal information about visitors to our Website. Details of this information are set out below:
a. When you make an enquiry of us we will collect your name, contact information and details about the service you are interested, in so that we can provide you with the information that is of interest to you.
c. We will collect details of your website questionnaire if you submit one to us.
d. We will collect details of your project if you submit these details to us.
e. We may collect certain other information that you give us, for example, if you report a problem with our website to us.
4. Bases for Processing Your Data
4.1 We collect and use Website Visitors’ personal information on several bases. Across these bases your rights as a data subject are balanced against FIRESNAKE’s legitimate interests in promoting and selling its services. The bases for processing your data are:
a. Your consent – you as a customer, potential customer or potential employee (data subject) have consented to the processing of your personal data. This will have been by consenting to receiving marketing information on our website. You can of course change or opt out of these preference choices at any time should you wish to do so. This can be done via email at email@example.com.
b. Our legitimate Interests – FIRESNAKE may also process your personal data to provide you with information about our products, services, and any offers that you may be interested in. This does not affect your rights in any way to withdraw your consent to us sending you this information, and this can be done via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
c. Our contract with you – if you have made an enquiry about our services, then the processing of the personal data, provided when you enquired through our website, is necessary for the performance our contract with you.
d. Our legal obligation – in certain circumstances when FIRESNAKE has been requested and in accordance with complying with a legal obligation to the relevant UK authorities, then we will process data to fulfil this obligation. This may be with the Police or other governmental or judicial authorities as requested.
5. Sensitive Personal Information
5.1 We do not knowingly collect sensitive personal information.
6. How We Use Personal Information
6.1 We use your information to provide information you have asked for, to enter into contracts with you (if applicable), and to provide you with a good experience of our Website. Without this information, we may be unable to correspond with you, send you email newsletters, provide you with information and/or services that you have requested, or enter into contracts with you.
6.2 We collect and use personal information about our Website Visitors for the following purposes:
a. Responding to enquiries from you, corresponding with you and recording any communications.
b. Providing the products, services and information that you ask us for and carrying out our obligations under any contracts that we enter into with you.
c. Sending you marketing materials if you have agreed to receive these. These can be unsubscribed from at any time using links provided in the e-mails or by contacting us via email at email@example.com.
d. Providing information about changes to our services.
e. Upholding your right to have your data erased.
7. We do not share website visitors’ personal information with third parties for the purposes of sending them marketing information
8. Where We Transfer and Store Personal Information
8.1 The personal information that we collect from our website visitors will not be transferred to, and stored at, destinations outside the European Economic Area, (the “EEA”).
9. Retention of Personal Information
9.1 We will keep your personal information for limited and appropriate periods of time only. If you are a potential client of our business, we will retain any information you may provide through the website only for as long as is necessary to fulfil our contractual commitments to you, unless otherwise agreed by you.
10. Your Rights in Your Personal Information
10.1 You have certain rights in respect of the personal information that we hold about you. Details of these rights are set out below. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
10.2 We will process all personal data in line with your rights, in each case to the extent required by and in accordance with applicable law only (including in accordance with any applicable time limits and any requirements regarding fees and charges). We will respect your personal information rights in respect of:
a. Access. At your request we will confirm to you whether or not we are processing and using personal information about you. If we are we will provide you with a record, and a copy, of such personal information and/or other details to which you are entitled.
b. Rectification. We will correct any inaccurate personal data and complete any incomplete personal data (including by providing a supplementary statement) that we hold about you.
c. Prevention of processing likely to cause damage or distress. We will respect your rights under the DPA and GDPR to require us to cease or not to begin processing your personal information for a specific purpose, or in a specific way, that is likely to cause you or any third parties unwarranted damage or distress.
d. Erasure. We will erase your personal information at your request without undue delay.
e. Restriction. We will restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, if you ask us to do so.
f. Data portability. We will provide you or third parties on your behalf with a copy of any personal information that we hold about you which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format.
g. Objection (including objection to direct marketing). We will respect your general rights to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, including for direct marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
Our Website uses “cookies” and other tracking technologies which are placed and stored on your computer hard drive or in the browser memory, if you agree, when you visit our Website.
We use technical information gathered in this way for site management and security purposes and for:
a. Improving our Website and ensuring that content is presented effectively.
b. Managing our Website and ensuring that it is safe and secure.
c. Administering our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, (automatically collected technical information about visits to our Website is used for these purposes).
You can find out what cookies we use and how to switch them off by clicking here firesnake.com/cookie-policy
14. Further Privacy Tools
If you wish to view or delete your personal data, please visit our Privacy Tools here.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us – any website administrator or data processor on behalf of the firesnake.com website.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our connected third-party partners below.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with newsletter communications, promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than one year.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers or third party businesses or individuals. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Connected third parties:
- MailChimp (for any newsletter signups)
- Google Analytics (for general website traffic metrics)
- Facebook (direct link to our Facebook Page channel)
- Twitter (direct link to our Twitter channel)
- Instagram (direct link to our Instagram channel)
- Pinterest (direct link to our Pinterest channel)
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
If you have signed up to our newsletter communications, we may from time to time contact you with information on offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions about our Banburyshire.co.uk partners. Our website/s will assume you to agree to e-communications when you register your subscription. We will tailor the information we send you unless you tell us not to. This will enable us to send you more personalised and relevant communications. You will be given the opportunity on every communication to opt-out of this personalisation.
You may indicate your preference regarding receiving third party direct marketing material.
If do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference, please refer to the unsubscribe link in the email, contact us or visit the Privacy Tools page to opt out completely.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We constantly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks using firewalls, virus and malware protection services.
We have taken all reasonable steps and have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information. Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Supervisory Authority Contact Information
Last modification was made 21.12.2018.